Community Bank Webinar: Current Expected Credit Losses Methodology Q&A Webinar for Community Bankers
Monday, July 30, 2018
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM Eastern Time
The federal banking agencies, in conjunction with the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS), will host an interagency webinar on Monday, July 30, 2018, at 1:00 p.m., Eastern Time, focusing solely on questions received from community bankers about the new credit losses accounting standard, which introduces the current expected credit losses methodology (CECL).
- This Q&A webinar will provide answers to various CECL questions the agencies have received from community bankers.
- Participants may submit additional questions for consideration during the webinar. However, any institution-specific questions should be directed to an institution's primary federal regulator. FDIC-supervised institutions may submit such questions by email to CECL@fdic.gov.
- Bankers are encouraged to invite representatives from the functional areas within their institutions who are involved in the implementation of the new credit losses accounting standard to participate in the webinar.
- Participants may join the webinar at https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/583/26144. Advance registration is not required; however, participants are encouraged to do so at this link. Participants are asked to join the webinar 15 minutes before it begins.
- Participants may dial into the audio portion of the webinar at 888-625-5230 using participant passcode 93535703#.
- Specific questions about the webinar or your registration may be directed to the webinar producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Webinar materials will be archived for future viewing at the link for participants shown above.
- The information above is also available in Financial Institution Letter 34-2018.
Information and presentation materials for the webinar held on July 30, 2018:
- On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, the FDIC and the FRB, in conjunction with the CSBS, the FASB, and the SEC, jointly hosted a "CECL Webinar for Bankers: Practical Examples of How Smaller, Less Complex Community Banks Can Implement the Current Expected Credit Losses Methodology."
- Information and presentation materials for the webinar held on February 27, 2018, are available at Community Bank Webinar: Implementation Examples for the Current Expected Credit Losses Methodology (CECL).
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.