Deposit Insurance Coverage Banker Seminars
Free and Live Nationwide Seminars for Bank Officers and Employees
The FDIC will conduct four identical live seminars on FDIC deposit insurance coverage for bank employees and bank officers between May 15, 2019, and December 9, 2019. In addition, the FDIC has developed three separate Deposit Insurance Coverage seminars for bank officers and employees that are available on the FDIC's YouTube channel. For detailed information, visit: FIL-23-2019.
Registering for the live seminars
Seminar participants must register at least two business days prior to the event by following these steps:
- Go to MyMeetings - Web RSVP (www.mymeetings.com).
- Enter the conference number for the specific seminar, as detailed below.
- Enter 7300782 for the pass code.
- Leave the PIN number field blank.
- Click on the “Proceed” button
- On the next page, provide your name, email address, answer the four questions and then click the "Proceed" button.
- In addition to the link to join the conference, you also will receive a call-in number for the audio component of the event. Participants must dial into the teleconference for the audio portion of the presentation as well as for the question-and-answer session.
|Comprehensive Deposit Insurance Seminar for Bankers|
|Date||Starting Time (ET)||Conference Number|
|May 15||3:00 pm||8916986|
|September 10||1:00 pm||8907610|
|October 16||3:00 pm||8907611|
|December 9||2:00 pm||8907613|
Accessing the Slide Presentation for the Live Seminars
Please note: In July 2019, the FDIC issued a final rule concerning recordkeeping requirements for joint accounts. The information in this presentation reflects the amended regulations. Please ensure your PowerPoint slides are dated September 2019.
Comprehensive Deposit Insurance Seminar for Bankers
- Comprehensive Deposit Insurance Seminar for Bankers - PowerPoint
- Comprehensive Deposit Insurance Seminar for Bankers - PDF (Please note if using Google Chrome to access and print the PDF, for best results ensure your print scale settings are set to “Fit to Page” instead of “Default”)
You can access the YouTube Video presentations at the following links:
- Fundamentals of Deposit Insurance Coverage
- Deposit Insurance Coverage for Revocable Trust Accounts
- Advanced Topics in Deposit Insurance Coverage
Contact the FDIC Call Center at 877-ASK-FDIC (877-275-3342) for additional information about the FDIC’s 2019 seminars.
We look forward to your institution’s participation in these seminars.
Tools & Resources
- EDIE Online Calculator
Calculate deposit insurance coverage.
See if your bank is covered.
- Online Catalog
Order brochures and other educational materials.
- Deposit Insurance for Accounts Held by Government Depositors
- Financial Institution Employee ’s Guide to Deposit Insurance
To determine your deposit insurance coverage or ask any other specific deposit insurance questions, call: 1-877-ASK-FDIC
Deposit Insurance Coverage Banker Videos
YouTube Sessions: The videos linked below are independent of the live comprehensive seminar. They are an additional resource.
Fundamentals of Deposit Insurance Coverage
Deposit Insurance Coverage for Revocable Trust Accounts
Advanced Topics in Deposit Insurance Coverage