Skip Header

Federal Deposit
Insurance Corporation

Each depositor insured to at least $250,000 per insured bank

Home > Consumer Protection > Consumer News & Information > FDIC Consumer News

FDIC Consumer News

Spring 2012

Where to File a Complaint

If you decide to file a complaint with the federal government about an insured depository institution, who do you contact?  To determine which regulator has jurisdiction over a particular banking institution, so you can submit a complaint to the correct agency, you can call the FDIC toll-free at 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342).  Here is contact information for all the agencies:

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: P.O. Box 4503, Iowa City, IA  52244; call 1-855-411-2372; go to

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: Consumer Response Center, 1100 Walnut St., Box #11, Kansas City, MO  64106; call 1-877-275-3342; send a message at

Federal Reserve: Consumer Help, P.O. Box 1200, Minneapolis, MN 55480; call 1-888-851-1920; e-mail

National Credit Union Administration: 1775 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA  22314-3428; call 1-800-755-1030; e-mail

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency: Consumer Assistance Group, 301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450, Houston, TX  77010; call 1-800-613-6743; visit

Last Updated 6/12/2014

Skip Footer back to content