FDIC: FDIC Consumer News Archive
FDIC Consumer News provides practical guidance on how to become a smarter, safer user of financial services. Issues and selected articles offer helpful hints, quick tips and common–sense strategies to protect and stretch your hard-earned dollars.
- May 2020: Wondering If Your Deposits Are Fully Insured?
- April 2020: Is Digital Banking for Me?
- COVID-19 Special Edition: COVID-19 and Your Financial Health
- March 2020: Scammers Pretending to be the FDIC
- February 2020: How Does the FDIC Protect Consumers?
- January 2020: Thinking About Upcoming College Expenses?
- December 2019: What You Should Know About Gift Cards
- November 2019: Business Cents
- October 2019: Banking at the Speed of Technology
- September 2019: Is the Money on My Prepaid Card FDIC-Insured?
- August 2019: Beware of Fake Checks
- July 2019: When Applying for Your First Mortgage, Loan Information is Key
- June 2019: Thinking About Buying your First House?
- May 2019: Youth Money Management Goes Hand-in-Hand With Youth Employment
- April 2019: Protecting Seniors from Financial Abuse
- March 2019: Rewards Cards - Minimize the Pitfalls, Maximize the Benefits
- February 2019: Considering Buying a New Vehicle? Know This!
- February 25, 2019 - Special Edition: America Saves Week - Top Five Savings Ideas from the Consumer News
- January 2019: Tax Season and Your Refund Options
- December 2018: Time to Take a New Look at Your Money Habits
- November 2018: Shopping Online During the Holidays?
- October 2018: What You Need to Know About Credit and Debit Card Billing Issues
- September 2018: Savings Are Great for Short-Term Goals Too
- August 2018: Finance 101
- Special Anniversary Edition (Summer 2018)
- Dealing with Debt: Tips to Help You Borrow Wisely and Pay Off Loans and Credit Card Bills (Fall 2017)
- 10 Scams Targeting Bank Customers: The Basics on How to Protect Yourself (Summer 2017)
- From the FDIC Inbox: Our Answers to Common Financial Questions (Winter 2017)
- Choosing and Using the Right Bank Account (Summer 2016)
- A Bank Customer's Guide to Cybersecurity (Winter 2016)
- Shopping Tips for Loans and Credit Cards (Fall 2015)
- From Coupons to Cash Back (Summer 2015)
- Teaching Young People About Money: Tips for Parents and Caregivers (Spring 2015)
- Buying and Borrowing Tips (Winter 2015)
- Is It Time for Your Financial Checkup? Tips That Can Help You Fine-Tune Your Money Management (Fall 2014)
- Are Your Finances Ready for a Stressful Life Event? (Summer 2014)
- More Ways to Save at the Bank (Spring 2014)
- Be in Charge of Your Credit Cards (Winter 2013/2014)
- More About Mortgages (Fall 2013)
- Financial Tips for Seniors (Summer 2013)
- Banking in a High-Tech World (Spring 2013)
- Special Edition for Young Adults and Teens (Fall 2012)
- Minding Your Own Business: Banking Tips for Small Companies (Winter 2011/2012)
Consumer News Companion Audio
FDIC Consumer News provides practical guidance on using financial services, and now you can listen to each issue’s helpful hints, quick tips, and common-sense strategies to protect and stretch your hard-earned dollars. Use the menu to download the audio for the issue you’d like to hear.
- FDIC Consumer News Articles by Topic
- FDIC Deposit Insurance
- Federal Trade Commission
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Federal Reserve Consumer Help
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center
- AARP Fraud Watch Network
- Federal Student Aid
- Making Home Affordable Mortgage Help