Money Smart for Small Business Alliance Members Town Hall Meetings
FDIC facilitates collaboration between Money Smart Alliance members who use Money Smart for Small Business (MSSB) through a Quarterly Town Hall Webinar. Joining the Money Smart Alliance is highly encouraged but not a requirement to participate in these one-hour events. Webinars are hosted by FDIC and SBA representatives and usually feature at least two speakers. This program is free but registration is required.
To learn about other Money Smart Events visit Training & Events.
Upcoming Money Smart for Small Business Town Halls
Any organizational representative can attend MSSB Town Hall Webinars. Participants can:
- Understand the learning objectives of the MSSB curricula and connect it to their organization’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Learn by way of examples portrayed, how to customize the MSSB modules to meet the diverse needs of small business owners.
- Learn how to identify subject matter experts and instructors to teach MSSB modules (for instance, how to approach a financial institution to teach the MSSB Banking and Credit modules).
- Gather ideas to make the content of each module compelling and engaging.
- Connect with organizations that have a similar mission and vision and learn from their business training methodologies.
- Ask questions and share their experiences related to the adoption and implementation of MSSB.
Past Town Halls
Past Quarterly Money Smart for Small Business Town Hall Webinars offer implementation ideas. Find the presentation, video, and a brief summary of each webinar by selecting the link:
- Town Hall Meeting Q4, 2018: December 13, 2018
- Town Hall Meeting Q3, 2018: August 28, 2018
- Town Hall Meeting Q2, 2018: June 7, 2018
- Town Hall Meeting Q1, 2018: March 29, 2018
- Town Hall Meeting Q4, 2017: November 9, 2017
- Town Hall Meeting Q3, 2017: August, 24, 2017
- Town Hall Meeting Q2, 2017: June 8, 2017
- Town Hall Meeting Q1, 2017: March 23, 2017
- Town Hall Meeting Q4, 2016: December 1, 2016
- Town Hall Meeting Q3, 2016: July 21, 2016
- Town Hall Meeting Q2, 2016: April 21, 2016
- Town Hall Meeting Q1, 2016: January 21, 2016
Research indicates that aspiring and existing entrepreneurs benefit greatly from business training. We need your success stories to help inspire other organizations to teach Money Smart for Small Business and other Money Smart curricula. Please email us at email@example.com or contact your local FDIC staff. Your story could be portrayed in an MSSB Town Hall or Money Smart News Success Story.
FDIC hosts quarterly MSSB Town Hall webinars featuring organizations using MSSB. Prior events can be found at the MSSB Town Hall Webinars page, and you can register for upcoming events at the Money Smart Training & Events page.
MSSB Q1-19 Town Hall
March 13, 2019
Download Modules in English and Spanish