Outside Counsel Deskbook, Legal Forms, and Related Links
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.
The Outside Counsel Deskbook is now available exclusively in PDF format.
Outside Counsel Deskbook - PDF
Appendix E - Legal Invoice Validation Criteria
Appendix E lists the validation criteria that the FDIC electronic billing system uses to process data. Outside counsel bills not conforming to these criteria will be rejected by the server before the user may submit the bill.
- Invoice line items math must be correct
- Invoice line items must equal total invoice amount
- Only one matter may be billed per invoice
- Vendor must submit invoice with valid matter number
- Vendor must submit invoice with valid vendor number
- Note – DC will auto-populate the vendor number
- Vendor must be associated to matter it is billing against
- Invoice Number can not be greater than 20 characters
- Invoice Number can only contain alpha numeric characters
Timekeeper rates must be valid
Line Item Validations
* A complete list of task and expense codes can be found at: