The First Fifty Years
A History of the FDIC 1933-1983
Published in 1984 on the FDIC's fiftieth anniversary, this publication includes information on the antecedents to federal deposit insurance, the creation of the FDIC in 1933-35, and a general history of the FDIC with a focus on the Corporation's insurance coverage and financial operations, its role in handling bank failures, and its function as a bank supervisor and examiner.
All items are PDF files. See PDF Help for assistance.
Table of ContentsPrologue
Book by Chapter
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Antecedents of the FDIC
- Chapter 3 - Establishment of the FDIC
- Chapter 4 - Insurance Coverage and Financial Operations of the FDIC
- Chapter 5 - Handling Bank Failures
- Chapter 6 - Bank Examination and Supervision
Epilogue, Appendix and BibliographyEpilogue
Appendix: The Boards of Directors of the FDIC