The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) invites submissions for the 12th Consumer Research Symposium, to be held on March 15, 2024, in Arlington, VA.
Hosted by the FDIC’s Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, the Symposium facilitates a discussion of the newest research in consumer finance among academics, financial regulators, and the private sector. The organizers welcome the submission of policy-relevant research from a wide range of academic disciplines, and encourage participation from underrepresented groups. Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Access to and use of bank and nonbank financial products and services
- Emerging financial products and services
- Financial literacy and capability
- Consumption, savings, credit, and retirement decisions
- Housing and mortgage markets
- Impact of recent regulatory changes on consumers or financial product markets
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on consumers and communities
- Community development
- Small business lending
The submission deadline is October 27, 2023. Authors may submit a complete paper or detailed abstract with preliminary results. To submit a paper, please click here.
Expenses for travel, food, and lodging will be reimbursed for presenters. See the Consumer Research Symposium home page for additional details, including previous conference programs.
Please direct any questions to the conference organizers at email@example.com.