Presented by FDIC’s Center for Financial Research and Journal of Financial Services Research
The FDIC’s Center for Financial Research and the Journal of Financial Services Research (JFSR) invite submissions for a poster session at the 20th Annual Bank Research Conference to be held in Arlington, Virginia on December 2-3, 2021. Due to the threat posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the event will only be held physically if it can be done safely. The event may be held virtually or as a hybrid to accommodate participation, as necessary.
The poster session is open to Ph.D. students in economics and finance. The program committee invites theoretical and empirical papers on issues related to the performance and regulation of the financial sector, including the following:
- Deposit insurance
- Risk measurement and management
- Banking and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Governance and compensation practices in the financial sector
- Capital and liquidity requirements
- Emerging issues in finance (e.g., cybersecurity, artificial intelligence)
- Bank scale and scope economies, industry competition, and market structure
- Fintech and trends in financial products, services, and technology
- Systemic risk and financial system stability
- Financial sector performance
- Finance and the real economy
- Interaction between regulation and the cost and availability of credit
- Finance and climate change
The poster sessions are intended to provide a forum to stimulate the exchange of ideas. Poster proposals will be selected for presentation based on reviews by FDIC economists and the Organizing Committee.
Papers from selected posters may be invited for submission to the FDIC Center for Financial Research Working Paper Series. Expenses for food and lodging will be reimbursed for poster presenters.
Submissions should include a complete draft of the paper and a letter of recommendation from the author’s advisor. Submissions may have senior coauthors, but the presenter must be a student. Papers and letters of recommendation must be received by June 28, 2021. Authors will be notified about the status of their papers in September 2021.
For additional information, please contact Jonathan Pogach at FDICJFSRConference@fdic.gov.