Resolution Authority Information
2013 Model Template for §165(d) Tailored Resolution Plan - PDF
The model template for covered companies eligible to file a tailored plan on or before December 31, 2013. Companies filing tailored resolution plans are not required to use this template and may submit their plan in another format, as long as the plan meets all the requirements.
Title I and IDI Resolution Plans - Updated January 10, 2014
The public sections of the resolution plans required by covered companies for their rapid and orderly resolution in the event of material distress or failure.
The Resolution of Systemically Important Financial Institutions: The Single Point of Entry Strategy - PDF - December 10, 2013
Selected Sections of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
The FDIC is responsible for implementing a number of initiatives under the Act. Here are some of the sections that authorize or require FDIC action.
FDIC Role and Authority under the New Financial Reform Law
A summary of the new FDIC responsibilities for determining rules, expanding authority, and establishing resolution capabilities.
Resources: White Papers, Speeches, Testimony
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.
- Statement of James R. Wigand, Director, Office of Complex Financial Institutions on Improving Cross Border Resolution to Better Protect Taxpayers and the Economy to the Subcommittee On National Security and International Trade and Finance, U.S. Senate; 538 Dirksen Senate Office Building
May 15, 2013
- Statement of Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation by James R. Wigand, Director, Office Of Complex Financial Institutions And Richard J. Osterman, Jr., Acting General Counsel on Who Is Too Big To Fail? Examining the Application of Title I of the Dodd-Frank Act before the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations; Committee on Financial Services; U.S. House of Representatives; April 16, 2013
- Remarks by Martin J. Gruenberg, Chairman, FDIC to the Annual Washington Conference of the Institute of International Bankers; Washington, DC; March 4, 2013
- Statement of Martin J. Gruenberg, Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on Wall Street Reform: Oversight of Financial Stability and Consumer and Investor Protections; to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, U.S. Senate; February 14, 2013
- Dealing with the Lehman problem - US-UK ideas on resolving large banks offer way forward; Financial Times; December 11, 2012
- Resolving Globally Active, Systemically Important, Financial Institutions; Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Bank of England; December 10, 2012
- Op-Ed: Global Banks Need Global Solutions When They Fail; Martin Gruenberg and Paul Tucker; Financial Times, December 10, 2012
- Remarks by Martin J. Gruenberg, Acting Chairman, FDIC to the American Banker Regulatory Symposium, Washington, DC; September 14, 2012
- Statement of Martin J. Gruenberg, Acting Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on Implementing Wall Street Reform: Enhancing Bank Supervision and Reducing Systemic Risk; Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs; U.S. Senate; June 6, 2012
- Remarks by Martin J. Gruenberg, Acting Chairman, FDIC to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Bank Structure Conference; Chicago, IL; May 10, 2012
- Joint Release/Agencies Provide Additional Instructions for Submission of Some Resolution Plans; April 15, 2013
- FDIC to Hold Meeting of Systemic Risk Advisory Committee; December 4, 2012
- FDIC Releases Stress Test Scenarios; November 15, 2012
- FDIC Approves Final Rules Regarding Large Bank Stress Tests and Large Bank Assessment Pricing and Releases An Update on the DIF Projections; October 9, 2012
- FDIC Updates Stress Testing Implementation Timeline for Large Banks; August 27, 2012
- FDIC Announces Availability of Public Sections of Resolution Plans; July 3, 2012
- Joint Release/First Resolution Plans Due On or Before July 2; June 29, 2012
- Joint Release/Agencies Clarify Supervisory Expectations for Stress Testing by Community Banks; May 14, 2012
- Joint Release/Agencies Finalize Large Bank Stress Testing Guidance; May 14, 2012
- FDIC Extends Comment Period on Stress Test Proposal; March 21, 2012
- FDIC Conducts Meeting of Systemic Resolution Advisory Committee; January 26, 2012
- FDIC Board Proposes Stress Testing Regulation for Large Banks; January 17, 2012