Learn how the FDIC examines banks.
Safety & Soundness
Read how the FDIC evaluates a bank's overall financial condition.
- FDIC Enforcement Decisions & Orders
- Merger Decisions: Annual Report to Congress
- Risk Management Manual of Examination Policies
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Manual
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering
- Guide to the Interagency Country Exposure Review Committee Process - PDF (PDF Help)
- Guidelines for Payday Lending
- Credit Card Activities Manual
- Credit Card Securitization Manual
Read how the FDIC evaluates a bank's trust operations.
Review how the FDIC evaluates a bank's electronic systems.
- FFIEC Information Technology Examination Handbook
- Information Technology Examination Officer's Questionnaire
- Financial Institution Letters (FILs) Addressing Information Technology Issues
- Technology Regulations and Publications for Financial Institutions
- Interagency Guidelines Establishing Information Security Standards Small Entity Compliance Guide (Federal Reserve)
Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
Review how the FDIC assesses a bank's performance in meeting a community's credit needs.
- CRA Statute & Tools
- CRA Sunshine Requirements
- What is a Performance Evaluation?
- CRA Examination Schedule
- Monthly List of Banks Examined for CRA Compliance
- CRA Ratings & Performance Evaluations
- Applications Subject to CRA & Public Comments
- FDIC CRA Regional Office Contacts
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Interagency Joint Public Hearing
Read how the FDIC evaluates a bank's compliance with consumer protection regulations.
- Offshore Outsourcing of Data Services by Insured Institutions and Associated Consumer Privacy Risks
- Compliance Examination Manual
- Mortgage Loan Prequalifications - PDF 99k (PDF Help)
- Interagency Fair Lending Examination Procedures
- Side by Side: A Guide to Fair Lending
- Financial Privacy