- The proposed revisions to Call Report Schedule RC-R and the FFIEC 101 are consistent with the revised regulatory capital rules approved by the banking agencies in July 2013. Drafts of the revised report forms and instructions are available at www.ffiec.gov/ffiec_report_forms.htm.
- Each institution is invited to review and comment on any or all of the proposed regulatory capital reporting changes. Comments must be submitted by October 11, 2013.
Call Report Schedule RC-R would be revised as follows:
- The current regulatory capital components and ratios portion of the schedule would be designated Part I.A for report dates in 2014 and would be completed by all institutions except advanced approaches institutions.
- A new Part I.B would be added to the schedule in March 2014 to collect data on the regulatory capital components and ratios under the revised regulatory capital rules from advanced approaches institutions only for report dates in 2014.
- Part I.A would be removed in March 2015, Part I.B would be redesignated Part I, and all institutions would complete Part I of Schedule RC-R starting in March 2015.
- The agencies plan to request comment at a later date on a separate proposal to revise the existing risk-weighted assets portion of Schedule RC-R, which would be designated Part II in March 2014. The revisions to Part II, which would take effect for all institutions in March 2015, would incorporate the standardized approach for calculating risk-weighted assets under the revised regulatory capital rules.
- The proposed changes to the FFIEC 101 would incorporate the revised advanced approaches rules, would affect the report's risk based capital schedule and nine of its risk-weighted assets schedules, and would take effect in March 2014.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings) and FDIC-Supervised Savings Associations
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Accounting Officer
Call Report Preparer
FIL-41-2013, September 24, 2013, Proposed Regulatory Capital Reporting Changes
FIL-31-2013, July 9, 2013, Regulatory Capital Rules: Regulatory Capital, Implementation of Basel III, Capital Adequacy
FIL-32-2013, July 9, 2013, Regulatory Capital Rules: Advanced Approaches Risk-Based Capital Rule and Market Risk Capital Rule
Proposed Agency Information Collection Activities; Comment Request: FFIEC 031, FFIEC 041, and FFIEC 101 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at 800-688-3342 or email@example.com
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2013/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained via the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).