- "Liquidity Analysis: Decades of Change" discusses how banks' liquidity-management practices have evolved into more complex funding strategies with a greater emphasis on such factors as liability sources and off-balance sheet funding.
- "Managing Commercial Real Estate Concentrations" reviews regulatory guidance and provides best practices as well as methodologies that some banks use to control these risks.
- "Connecting the Dots...the Importance of Timely and Effective Suspicious Activity Reports" discusses the critical role SARs play in combating financial crimes and reviews various methods for making the information in SARs more useful and effective for both law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- "Authentication in Internet Banking: A Lesson in Risk Management" addresses how banks and Internet service providers have used authentication strategies to protect customer access credentials.
- "HMDA Data: Identifying and Analyzing Outliers" outlines the FDIC's analytical process and offers suggestions to examiners and bankers for making the process more effective.
- "From the Examiner's Desk" looks at community bank leveraging strategies as well as the risks and risk- management practices needed to control those risks.
Chief Executive Officer
Real Estate Lending
Fair Housing Act
USA PATRIOT Act
Bobbie Jean Norris, Managing Editor
(email@example.com or 202-898-3685)
FIL-112-2007 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may
be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution
letters may be obtained through the
FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501
Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA
22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).