How to File a
- Determine the primary federal regulator of your bank by calling the FDIC's toll-free call center number at:
Monday through Friday
From 8 am until 8 pm (Eastern Time)
Hearing Impaired Line:
- Or by accessing FDIC's Bank Find.
- Provide your complete name and mailing address as well as a day or evening phone number with the area code. You may also file a complaint via the FDIC's Customer Assistance Online Form.
- State your inquiry or complaint, making certain to include the name and street address of the bank.
- Provide a brief description of your complaint.
- Enclose copies of related documentation.
- State how you would like your matter resolved and the remedy you seek.
- If you are not the owner of the account, obtain and provide written permission from the owner in order to correspond on the owner's behalf.
- Remember to date and sign your letter.