Each depositor insured to at least $250,000 per insured bank



Home > About FDIC > Financial Reports > Chief Financial Officer's (CFO) Report to the Board





Chief Financial Officer's (CFO) Report to the Board

Skip Left Navigation Links
Chief Financial Officer's (CFO) Report to the Board Home
Executive Summary

   •  Summary Trends and Results
I. Corporate Fund Financial Results

   •  DIF Balance Sheet
   •  DIF Income Statement
   •  DIF Statements of Cash Flows
   •  FRF Statements of Cash Flows
II. Investments Results & Prospective Strategies

   •  Corporate Investment Portfolio Summary
   •  Approved Investment Strategy
III. Budget Results

   •  Budget & Expenditures by Major Expense Categories
   •  Budget & Expenditures by Budget Component, Division & Office
Printable Version

DIF Income Statement - Second Quarter 2007

Fund Financial Results ($ in millions)
Income Statement DIF
  (unaudited) (audited)   (unaudited)
  06/30/07 12/31/06 06/30/06 Year-Over-Year Change
Assessments earned $        234 $         32 $         12 $       222
Interest earned on investment securities 1,315 2,241 1,143 172
Exit fees earned 0 345 346 (346)
Other revenue 6 27 19 (13)
Total Revenue $    1,555 $    2,645 $      1,520 $       35
Operating expenses (includes depreciation expense) 487 951 466 21
Provision for insurance losses (76) (52) (52) (24)
Other expenses 1 6 5 (4)
Total Expenses & Losses $      412 $      905 $      419   $       (7)
Net Income $      1,143 $    1,740 $      1,101 $       42
Unrealized gain/(loss) on available-for-sale securities (81) (173) (134) 53
Unrealized postretirement benefit gain/(loss)
0 2 0 0
YTD Comprehensive Income $      1,062 $    1,569 $      967 $       95

DIF Assessments

DIF Assessments
Total 1st Quarter 2007 Gross Assessments Total 1st Quarter 2007 Assessments Paid
Remaining 8,620
$490.3 53% Remaining 1,956 $44.4 47%
Top 10
317.5 35% Top 10 37.5 40%
Top 11 thru 25
110.9 12% Top 11 thru 25 12.2 13%


DIF Coverage Ratio

DIF Coverage Ratio (Interest Revenue/Operating Expenses)
Year Interest on Obligations Assessments Operating Expense Coverage Ratio
2003 $2,032 88 $912 2.23
2004 $2,108 104 $942 2.35
2005 $2,342 61 $966 2.49
2006 $2,241 32 $951 2.39
June 2007 $1,315 234 $487 3.18

Last Updated 09/13/2007
  dofbusinesscenter@fdic.gov